Ten ways to cope with grief during the holidays
Please give the gift of counseling
Depression, post-traumatic stress and other psychological challenges are serious yet treatable. Your gift will help ensure quality mental health services for children, adolescents, adults, couples and families – and save lives.
The following are samples of how your donation can make a positive impact on others:
- $35 helps provide counseling to a child distressed by domestic violence.
- $110 provides one counseling session to a family who needs help relating to their addicted loved one.
- $220 provides two counseling sessions to parents grieving the death of their son or daughter.
- $550 provides five counseling sessions to an adolescent who is bullied at school.
- $1,100 provides 10 counseling sessions to a veteran who considers suicide.
Support the Center when you shop Amazon
Support Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center by shopping at Amazon through this link: https://smile.amazon.
New Support Group for Survivors of Suicide Loss
- Tuesday, December 20, 2016
- 7-8:30 p.m.
- Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center, 8553 Urbandale Avenue, Des Moines, IA
- thereafter, the third Tuesday monthly
- offered at no cost, thanks to community support
- to express your interest, please sign up here.
Thank you, Ellery, for 40 years of service
Following a thoughtful and rigorous search process, the board of directors of the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is pleased to announce their selection, chosen by unanimous consensus, for our next executive director: James E. Hayes.
Jim presently serves as Associate Dean/Director of Retention & Student Success at Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa. His education includes studies in History, French, Philosophy and Theology. Jim has an S.T.L. in systematic theology and a Doctorate from the Aquinas Institute at St. Louis University.
Please watch for more information about Jim and his transition to the Center in upcoming weeks. Jim’s start date is December 5, 2016. You are invited to post a welcome message to Jim by commenting on our Facebook page.
Read our most recent E-Connect Newsletter
View our new three-minute video about the Center’s clinical services
View our 2015 annual report
How to make a counseling or psychiatry appointment
To make a counseling or psychiatry appointment, call 515-274-4006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is a nonprofit organization providing mental health services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. The Center’s approach is holistic, integrating mind, body and spirit for healing.
Although best known for its 43 years of quality, professional mental health therapy, the Center is a multi-faceted organization providing a range of services:
- Counseling, including specialized services for children and adolescents
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Psychiatric consultation and care
- Training for clinical professionals
- Spiritual direction and community education
- Leadership development for faith communities
- Conflict transformation services for congregations, nonprofits and businesses
As a nonsectarian organization, the Center is not affiliated with or restricted to a particular religious group.
A sliding payment scale is available for those without insurance. We gratefully accept donations to support our counseling assistance fund.