Personal Growth and Development Presentations for Lunch-and-Learns and other Programs
In today’s fast-paced world, it is difficult to escape from the pressures and perplexities of daily living. Career demands, personal relationships, and family situations often contribute to depression, grief, stress, anxiety, and other emotional hurdles. At the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center, we have the resources to address these problems.
The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center offers presentations on mental, emotional, and spiritual health topics presented in seminar style by various Center clinical staff. Counselors hold advanced degrees in counseling, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, child therapy, and other human service fields.
It is helpful to schedule a presentation months in advance to ensure the date you want will be available. With a few exceptions, there is typically no fee for this service; however, a contribution to the Center’s Counseling Assistance Fund is encouraged. The presentations are typically one hour in length, although the length of the program can be negotiated.
A list of suggested topics follows. Any topic can be amended to fit your needs. Contact Eileen Burtle at the Center, (515) 274-4006 or email@example.com.
- Building Self-Esteem in Children
- Beyond Time Out
- A Father’s Role in Child Development
- Early Childhood Development
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Grief In Children
- Proactive Parenting
- Developmental Disabilities
- Identification and Treatment of Attention Deficit Disorders
- Understanding and Communicating With Your Teen
- Caring for Aging Parents
- How to Enrich, Nurture, and Sustain Your Marriage
- Understanding Male and Female Communication Styles
- Family Issues in Chemical Dependency
- Traits of a Healthy Family
- Domestic Violence and Families
- Improving Basic Skills: How to Talk/How to Listen
- Mediation: Resolving Disputes Peacefully
- Father: A Son’s Road Map
- A Father’s Love, A Daughter’s Power
- The Nature and Practice of Helping Others
- Adjusting to a Significant Loss
- Keeping the Balance
- The Rules Have Changed: Male/Female Roles
- Making Sense of Life’s Changes (Transitions)
- Work and Worth: What happens when you lose your job?
- Exercises for Spiritual Health
- The Art and Practice of Forgiveness
- Spiritual Practices for Busy People
- Touching the Holy: Exploring the Ministry of Healing Touch
- Health as a Spiritual Task
- Writing: A Way of Praying, Healing, and Celebrating Our Lives
Return to Services for Businesses & Organizations