Start your journey to healing now!
Announcing our 2021 annual event headliners!
How is your spirit growing? Explore PrairieFire – Open House!
Thursday, January 21, 6-7 p.m.
Saturday, February 20, 10-11 a.m.
You’re invited to attend an open house! Each will take place online by Zoom and will allow opportunities to learn about the program, hear from PrairieFire graduates and ask questions.
Do you desire a more meaningful life enriched by a deepening spiritual awareness, new ways of building and contributing to community, or living authentically in an increasingly challenging and unpredictable world?
Consider applying for PrairieFire. A new class will be forming in the fall of 2021, and we will begin accepting applications in January, 2021. Please contact Andrea Severson with questions or to register for an open house: email@example.com
If you’re curious about learning how to meditate and begin an on-going, personal meditation practice, come join this experiential educational class. Discover the healing power of mindfulness by learning various meditation and breathing techniques, practicing mindful movement, and self-compassion.
Wednesday evenings 5:30-7:00PM
February 17, 24, March 3, 10, 2021
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction – Live Online
Begins March 25
Enter EARLYBIRD coupon code for $25 off. Expires 3/11/2021
The Center is accepting new psychiatry patients
Curious what an appointment with our PA is about? Click HERE
Anti-Racism Statement 5/30/20
Your support serves the community during the COVID-19 crisis.
The Center’s COVID-19 emergency response, updated 3-28-20:
Due to the Covid-19 emergency, the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center has taken the following steps to promote the safety and health of our clients, staff and community:
- As of 3-30-2020 — The Center’s services are now offered exclusively through telehealth (including telephone). The Center’s building is closed, as of 3-30-2020, until further notice.
- The Center’s telehealth platform is HIPAA compliant and easy to use. Our staff are available to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Gov. Kim Reynolds has authorized the expansion of telehealth insurance coverage.
- Many insurance companies will cover telehealth and some are waiving telehealth copays. However we ask that you please call your insurance company to confirm your policy.
- Clinicians and staff will reach out to their current clients to schedule appointments, or, you may leave a phone message for your counselor by calling (515) 274-4006.
- If you are new to the Center and would like to schedule an appointment, please fill out our online intake form here.
- Telehealth counseling is proven to be as effective as in-person counseling, and we are grateful to serve you and the community in this way.
- As of 3-19-2020, all classes and groups will be offered online until further notice. Please consult the instructor or leader for more information. If you are currently enrolled in a class or group, please consult with your instructor for guidance on changes in meeting venue or schedule.
- As of 3-30-2020 — The 22nd annual Women Helping Women luncheon transitioned to an online experience. Your support means more than ever. READ MORE.
- To continue preventing the spread of germs, please wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitize prior to and after contact with others.
- Please keep checking our Facebook page and our website for updates.
We understand that the Covid-19 pandemic is causing physical, mental, and emotional stress to everyone in our community. We are committed to our mission to walk with people through counseling and education to find hope and healing, and to live a fulfilling life.
Much gratitude goes to our loyal and generous donors who make it possible for us to serve vulnerable populations who experience mental health challenges. On behalf of the children, teens, adults and families served – a sincere thank you.
We are in this together.
Jim Hayes, Executive Director