February Newsletter: Upcoming Classes & Events!
Professional development opportunity
Join our team!
What is calling you in 2018?
A reflection for the new year, special to the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center by Billie Wade. READ MORE.
Trauma Sensitive Yoga classes offered at the Center:
- Drop in class for men and boys: www.dmpcc.org/yogaformen/
- Register now for women and girls: www.dmpcc.org/yoga
Trauma Sensitive Yoga may be a good complement to your ongoing therapy. Feel free to discuss with your counselor. Scholarship funds available for those in financial need.
“Deep Gratitude to our Board of Directors” by Jim Hayes
Discover the many opportunities to explore renewal at the Center
Are you curious about the PrairieFire program? Sign up for a discovery session. Applications are open for the next session.
This is hope and healing – a new 4-minute video
Our mission is to bring hope and healing to people of all ages through counseling and education. What does it look like? Please view our new 4-minute video. (Be sure to turn your speakers on!)
2017 accomplishments thanks to YOU — a letter from the executive director
Launched Spanish speaking counseling services.
- Started a support group for survivors of suicide loss.
- Expanded capacity to serve veterans and their families.
- Enhanced treatments for trauma, depression and anxiety.
Thank you from our staff, all who “bring their heart to work”
Meet board member, Shirley Poertner
“I’d like others to know what a unique place the Center is, its diversity of services, its inclusiveness and accessibility. We don’t turn anyone away who is in need of healing, offering a sliding fee schedule and assistance funds.”
~ Shirley Poertner, board member
How to donate stock
Giving in a big way through your IRA
Sign up for the Center’s E-Connect monthly newsletter to receive regular updates on classes, programs and support groups: dmpcc.org/connect
How to make a counseling or psychiatry appointment
To make a counseling or psychiatry appointment, call 515-274-4006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is a nonprofit organization providing mental health services to children, adolescents, adults, couples and families. The Center’s approach is holistic, integrating mind, body and spirit for healing.
Although best known for its 45 years of quality, professional mental health therapy, the Center is a multi-faceted organization providing a range of services:
- Counseling, including specialized services for children and adolescents
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Psychiatric consultation and care
- Training for clinical professionals
- Spiritual direction and community education
- Career Coaching
- Leadership development for faith communities
- Conflict transformation services for congregations, nonprofits and businesses
As a nonsectarian organization, the Center is not affiliated with or restricted to a particular religious group.
A sliding payment scale is available for those without insurance. We gratefully accept donations to support our counseling assistance fund.