The Center is accepting new psychiatry patients
Curious what an appointment with our PA is about? Click HERE
How to Schedule an Appointment
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Live Online
Begins Sept 15
Listening Within, Listening With Others Live Online
Begins Oct 4
Join us for this two-part group exploring what it means to listen more deeply to oneself, to others and to the Sacred. Together we will practice contemplative presence and develop skills in open-hearted listening.
Anti-Racism Statement 5/30/20
Your support serves the community during the COVID-19 crisis.
The Center’s COVID-19 emergency response, updated 3-28-20:
Due to the Covid-19 emergency, the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center has taken the following steps to promote the safety and health of our clients, staff and community:
- As of 3-30-2020 — The Center’s services are now offered exclusively through telehealth (including telephone). The Center’s building is closed, as of 3-30-2020, until further notice.
- The Center’s telehealth platform is HIPAA compliant and easy to use. Our staff are available to provide technical assistance as needed.
- Gov. Kim Reynolds has authorized the expansion of telehealth insurance coverage.
- Many insurance companies will cover telehealth and some are waiving telehealth copays. However we ask that you please call your insurance company to confirm your policy.
- Clinicians and staff will reach out to their current clients to schedule appointments, or, you may leave a phone message for your counselor by calling (515) 274-4006.
- If you are new to the Center and would like to schedule an appointment, please fill out our online intake form here.
- Telehealth counseling is proven to be as effective as in-person counseling, and we are grateful to serve you and the community in this way.
- As of 3-19-2020, all classes and groups will be offered online until further notice. Please consult the instructor or leader for more information. If you are currently enrolled in a class or group, please consult with your instructor for guidance on changes in meeting venue or schedule.
- As of 3-30-2020 — The 22nd annual Women Helping Women luncheon transitioned to an online experience. Your support means more than ever. READ MORE.
- To continue preventing the spread of germs, please wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitize prior to and after contact with others.
- Please keep checking our Facebook page and our website for updates.
We understand that the Covid-19 pandemic is causing physical, mental, and emotional stress to everyone in our community. We are committed to our mission to walk with people through counseling and education to find hope and healing, and to live a fulfilling life.
Much gratitude goes to our loyal and generous donors who make it possible for us to serve vulnerable populations who experience mental health challenges. On behalf of the children, teens, adults and families served – a sincere thank you.
We are in this together.
Jim Hayes, Executive Director