A place for healing and hope – for everyone: adults, children and adolescents, individuals, couples, and families
In today’s fast-paced world, it is difficult to escape from the pressures and uncertainties of daily living. Career demands, personal relationships, and family situations often contribute to depression, grief, stress, anxiety, and other emotional hurdles. At the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center, we can offer you help with these problems.
We draw upon the unique talents of professionals from the counseling, theological, and bioenergetic disciplines. We work together to restore the whole person: mind, body, and spirit.
We can offer you – or someone you know – help to cope with the challenges of life, grow toward spiritual and emotional maturity, and strengthen personal relationships.
If you are facing stress or discord, whether because of a crisis or a long-standing concern, please call us today (515) 274-4006. We can help you grieve your losses, heal your wounds, enrich your life and deepen its meaning through the healing and hope of counseling.
We can help you…
- Improve self-esteem
- Resolve marital and family conflict
- Address parent/child concerns
- Ease the effects of anxiety or stress
- Heal from depression
- Grieve and recover from life’s losses and disappointments
- Address issues related to illness and pain
- Explore intimacy issues
- Understand your anger
- Heal from abuse and trauma
- Understand body image/eating disorders
- Confront addictive behaviors
- Resolve job-related concerns and find new meaning in your career/vocational life
- Strengthen your spiritual life
- Begin to reclaim optimal health, vitality, and well-being
Pastoral counseling is…
The Pastoral in our name is the traditional name for counseling that integrates therapy with a client’s values and/or faith. The Center’s caring counselors enhance their academic training and licensure with compassion, acceptance, and intentional respect for the values and beliefs of each client.
The Center’s holistic approach to healing addresses the interplay of mind-body-spirit, seeing each dimension as worthy of care.
How we make a difference…
The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center provides a wide range of counseling and takes a whole-person approach to healing.
- We help our clients find ways to express all their concerns.
- We understand the integration of mind, body, and spirit that exists within all persons, and this understanding informs how we approach therapy.
- Our view of healing involves questions of meaning and value as well as symptom relief.
- We respect the uniqueness and diversity of all human creation.
- We have a passion for professional education and training that ensures the highest quality counseling services for every client.