The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is seeking an Insurance Coordinator to be responsible for processing insurance claims and related accounts receivable activities. The qualified candidate must be experienced in medical/mental health billing, have extensive knowledge of insurance company practices and coding rules, be dependable, self-motivated and detail orientated. The primary duties of this position are to resolve denials, work rejections, and obtain benefits. There will be other duties assigned as needed. Only applicants with insurance experience will be contacted. Please send a cover letter along with your resume.
- Verify client’s insurance coverage and obtain appropriate benefits for services.
- Work closely with third party payers to resolve denials, rejections and keep outstanding claims to a minimum.
- Process insurance claims.
- Assist clients with any billing/ insurance questions or accounts receivable balances.
- Daily posting of client/ insurance payments.
- Various other duties as needed.
- High school education, with some college preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with medical insurance billing, ICD-10, CPT coding.
- Advanced computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft office.
Benefits: Competitive hourly wage at $15.00-$17.00 per hour, individual health insurance, and paid holiday, vacation, and sick leave. Collegial working environment. Training provided. Job Type: Full-time
Please send a letter of interest and resume to: Penny Heiss, Office Manager, Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center, 8553 Urbandale Ave., Urbandale, IA 50322, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Center, click here.
Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is a nonprofit, nonsectarian organization offering a broad range of mental health services, serving more than 4,000 individuals annually including 700 children. Although best known for its 48 years of quality, professional mental health therapy, the Center provides multi-faceted services, programs and classes through 30 multi-disciplinary clinicians. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Center has implemented a robust telehealth service delivery system. Key services include:
- Counseling, including specialized services for children and adolescents
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Psychiatric consultation and care (medication management)
- Spiritual Direction
- Training for clinical professionals
- Leadership and spiritual life programming
- Career Counseling
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place