Open position: Billing and Insurance Coordinator
The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center seeks a billing and insurance coordinator to join our team. This position is responsible for processing insurance claims and related accounts receivable activities. The qualified candidate must be experienced in medical office or mental health billing, have extensive knowledge of insurance company practices and coding rules, be dependable, self-motivated, detail-oriented and well organized. Responsibilities include:
- Verify client’s insurance coverage and obtain benefits for services.
- Process insurance claims.
- Work closely with third party payers to resolve denials, rejections and keep outstanding claims to a minimum.
- Assist clients with any billing/ insurance questions or accounts receivable balances.
- Daily posting of client/ insurance payments.
- Various other duties as needed.
Requirements: High school education, with some college preferred. Two plus years of experience with medical insurance billing. Advanced computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft office, Excel, Word, EHR a must. Any experience with PQRS or Meaningful Use is a plus.
To be considered for this position please email your resume to: Penny Heiss, Office Manager, Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center, 8553 Urbandale Ave., Urbandale, IA 50322, or email email@example.com. Only those with experience in medical billing will be contacted.
The Center is a nonprofit organization offering a broad range of mental health counseling and education. The mission of the Center is to bring hope and healing to people of all ages through counseling and education. We serve more than 5,800 individuals annually including children, adolescents, adults, couples and families — through 28 licensed, multidisciplinary clinicians. Key services include:
- Counseling, including specialized services for children and adolescents
- Psychiatry (medication management)
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Training for clinical professionals
- Leadership and spiritual life programming
- Biofeedback therapy and other holistic approaches
- Career Coaching
- Conflict transformation and strategic planning services for congregations, nonprofits and businesses
For more information about the Center, visit our website dmpcc.org or find us on Facebook.