The Center’s clinicians are vetting resources with useful information to help cope with anxiety around Covid-19 / Corona Virus .
Please check back often for updates and more resources.
Coping with corona related anxiety
- 7 science-based strategies to cope with coronavirus anxiety https://theconversation.com/7-science-based-strategies-to-cope-with-coronavirus-anxiety-133207
- Self Compassion and COVID -19 https://centerformsc.org/self-compassion-and-covid-19/
- How to cope with anxiety about coronavirus https://idph.iowa.gov/Portals/1/userfiles/7/How%20to%20Cope%20with%20Anxiety%20about%20Novel%20Coronavirus_1.pdf
- The science behind our anxiety and fear and what we can do about it to feel less anxious. https://youtu.be/w4NwsyXRbNw
- Feeling Scatterbrained? Here’s Why https://nyti.ms/39YIAvN
- Tara Brach has written extensively about how to manage fear and anxiety through an exercise summed up with the acronym RAIN. As she puts it in a recent blog post: “Learning to directly face anxiety and fear with the RAIN meditation—Recognize, Allow, Investigate, and Nurture—gives you a pathway to inner transformation and a fearless heart.” CLICK HERE to read about and listen to a meditation on RAIN.
- Why Relational Connection is So Important During the COVID-19 Epidemic (Click here)
C.O.O.L. Resources for Children and Families
- Tips for Nurturing and Protecting Children at Home – Article here.
- How to talk to your kids about the corona virus:
- What to do at home while children are out of school:
- Educational Resources for Children
- Education For Older Kids, Teens and Adults
Online Substance Use Recovery Groups
AA:In The Rooms (online addiction recovery community)Recovery Dharma: (Buddhism-based recovery program)
Learning about Covid-19
- Iowa Department of Public Health – Coronavirus Prevention https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus/Prevention
- Covid-19 Fact sheet
For more recent updates on the Center’s services: www.dmpcc.org