A virtual event to raise funds and awareness for men’s and boy’s mental health. Planned and hosted by Ann Flood, t.L.M.H.C.
Thank you to all who participated in Men for Mental Health virtual event on Friday, October 9, 2020.
Watch the program replay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSZst2GlRGc&feature=emb_err_woyt
Men and boys are reluctant to visit their primary care provider, much less to meet with a mental health provider. Yet research shows that men and boys are more likely to complete suicide or harm others as a result of depression, anxiety and other issues related to mental health.
- The event, Men for Mental Health, will be a fun, light evening with local storytellers and musicians. Staged from the Windsor Heights Community Center, it can be viewed online at the Center’s website: www.dmpcc.org/men. There is no cost to attend.
- The performers and speakers include Jim Hayes, Executive Director; Ann Flood, t.L.M.H.C.; Mark Poeppe, Psy.D.; Steve Berry, Emcee; Willie Farrell, Comedian; Scott Stilwell, Derek Sullivan-Lo (Titans group) and Tommy Doggett.
- Funds will support mental health counseling, education, training and other services that impact men and boys
- Donors at the $1,000 level will be recognized as “Heroes for Men.”
- How to donate: https://tinyurl.com/MENandBOYS
- For more information, contact: Ann Flood, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to participate: