People seek counseling for depression, anxiety, grief, anger, marital or family conflict, past or current abuse, chronic/terminal illness, and parenting issues. Some individuals come to the Center to explore career issues, others to heal the ruptures in their mind-body-spirit connections.
Our counselors are trained to counsel adults presenting with any of the following symptoms/issues: Abuse, Addictions, Adjustment issues, Anger issues, Anxiety, Attachment issues, Chemical dependency issues, Chronic illness, Depression, Dissociative disorders, Eating disorders/Body issues, Family concerns, Grief and loss, HIV/AIDS, Identity issues, LGBTQ (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Questioning), Life/Midlife transitions, Life-threatening illness, Marital / couples problems, Men’s issues, Obsessions/ compulsions, Parenting strategies, Personal Development, Personality disorders, Pregnancy and postpartum, PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress), Recovery from Childhood Abuse/Trauma, Relationship issues, Self-injury, Sexuality/Gender identity issues, Trauma.
Services Offered for Couples and Families
- Relationship/Marital/Family Counseling
- Premarital Counseling *
- Marriage Enrichment
- Divorce Mediation
* Preparing for Marriage
Building a successful marriage is one of the greatest challenges of adult life. Center counselors facilitate marriage preparation with couples to increase awareness of their relationship strengths, acknowledge potential areas for growth, and understand important individual and relationship issues identified through their personal life summaries. When there is a second marriage involved, the dynamics of remarriage and stepfamilies are also specifically addressed. The per-session fee is based on a sliding scale and will be determined during the couple’s first session. Please call the Center for further information or to make an appointment (515-274-4006).
Holistic Nursing Services
- Integrative Energy WorkHealing Touch Therapy*
- Health Promotion
- Acute and Chronic Illness Support
- Pain Management
- Self-Healing Consultation
- Spiritual Direction
- * Healing Touch Therapy
Center staff share a deep respect for the complex integration of mind, body, and spirit that exists within all persons. This shared holistic premise provides the foundation for the Center’s approach to offering hope and healing through counseling services.
* Healing Touch Therapy is one of our holistic healing approaches. Healing Touch is a type of alternative healing using hands-on and energy-based techniques to balance and align the human energy field that integrates and connects mind, body, spirit. Healing Touch is gentle, respectful, and non-invasive. We have found Healing Touch to be helpful in the treatment of chronic pain, chronic and terminal illness, and other bodily disorders.
It also offers effective support for persons experiencing grief, depression, and a variety of emotional or spiritual crises. To find out more about Healing Touch at the Center, contact Kathy Reardon at the Center (515-274-4006).
Other Specialty Services
- Career counselor
- Deaf and hard-of-hearing (American Sign Language)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- Gastric bypass surgery eval
- International adoption evaluation
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Psychological testing
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Spiritual direction (Spirituality and spir. growth)
- Strong Interest Inventory