Classes begin September 2021 and end June 2023.
This two-year course is designed for clergy, parish nurses, Stephen ministers, chaplains and others involved in pastoral care ministries. Meeting monthly, participants learn about areas critical to effective pastoral care, and receive support, encouragement and consultation on their work. Participants will reinforce what they already do well and integrate new knowledge and skills into their ministries.
Dates and Time: 12 noon – 3 p.m. monthly, every second Thursday beginning September 2021 and ending June 2023 (No class July and August)
Location: The Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center
Tuition: $650 for each of the two years, plus a $50 non-refundable registration fee. To discuss a payment plan option for tuition, please contact Chris Waddle, email@example.com
Topics Will Include:
- Forgiveness: Practical Applications and Implications of Forgiveness in Ministry.
- Whole-hearted Listening
- Memory Loss and Cognitive Decline
- Suicide Awareness and Prevention in Faith Communities
- Living with Illness and Chronic Pain: From Adversity to Transformation
- The Spirituality of Children
- Caring for the Anxious: Being a Non-Anxious Presence in an Anxious World
- Evil in Every Day Life
- Ministry with LGBTQ Individuals
- Mindful Ministry
TWO-STEP REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Set up a meeting by phone or in-person with Chris Waddle, Director of Leadership and Spiritual Life at the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center, to make sure the program is a good fit: firstname.lastname@example.org, 515-251-6654
2: Register below – $50 non-refundable fee to hold your spot in the course. $650 tuition will be due in September 2021.
For additional information contact: Chris Waddle, at email@example.com.