More than a year and half after the initial onset, the pandemic continues to evolve and impact our lives in different ways. Many of us experience ongoing challenges and stress as a result.
Please check back often for helpful resources related to COVID-19 and mental health that have been vetted by our clinicians.
For more recent updates on the Center’s services: www.dmpcc.org
Current COVID-19 Information & Resources
- Iowa Department of Public Health – Latest COVID-19 Information
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention – About COVID-19
- COVID Recovery Iowa – Free virtual counseling & assistance for all Iowans affected by COVID-19. ‘Like’ COVID Recovery Iowa on Facebook for more information & support.
- At Last: Hugs – (May 2021) Center psychologist and former executive director, Ellery Duke, and others were featured in the New York Times to highlight post-vaccination family reunions.
Resources to Cope with Anxiety
- Mind Over Mood – exercises focused on mindfulness, acceptance and forgiveness
- Call to Mind – COVID & Mental Health
- The Conversation – 7 science-based strategies to cope with coronavirus anxiety
- The Center for Mindful Self-Compassion – Self-Compassion and COVID-19
- The RAIN Meditation by Tara Brach
- SmartBrief – Why Relational Connection is So Important During the Coronavirus Pandemic
C.O.O.L. Resources for Children and Families
- Child Mind Institute – Talking to Kids About the Coronavirus Crisis
- National Federation of Families – COVID-19 Resources for Families
- PBS – COVID-19 Resources for Parents
Online Recovery Groups
- Meetings for AA, NA, Codependency & More