It brings me great joy to make significant charitable gifts while I’m at this stage of my life. I’m grateful this is possible through the IRA charitable rollover. I encourage others to support hope and healing in our community by designating a portion of your IRA required minimum distribution to the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center. It’s win-win, the satisfaction of helping others while also enjoying a greater tax benefit.
~ Sally Wood, retired insurance executive and Former President, Board of Directors, Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center
Support hope and healing in a big way
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further support the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center. If you are 70½ or older you may also be interested in a way to lower the income and taxes from your IRA withdrawals. An IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help make an impact in your community and benefit this year.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of the organizations that are important to you
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center.
- You will receive an acknowledgment of receipt from the Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact the Center’s Director of Development, Laurie Betts Sloterdyk, (515) 274-4006 x 137, firstname.lastname@example.org